And wait 3 months…
Now that we are in the final few days, some words of wisdom and tips…
- Freaking out over the mbe? Use your last few days to focus on the areas your bar prep company or supplemental materials state are most tested. For example, hearsay, negligence, individual rights/1st amendment rights (they seem roughly equal these days).
- Scared of the mpt’s? Don’t be. You practiced for them, you know your time limits and shortcomings by now, and everything we need is going to be in the library/file.
- Essay topics scaring you? Find the overlaps, look for the big picture and see if it all clicks. For example, on the UBE, look at your strictly MEE topics. Agency and business organizations flow easily, but look at conflict of laws – it is basically civ pro v. 2.0. Conflict of laws can also be mixed in with any number of topics, such as family law. Secured transactions? It’s basically an ugly baby of contracts and property law, depending on the context.
- Still scared of essay topics? Remember the points you can get for issue spotting and analysis, and maximize points whenever possible, such as in hybrid essays. Make sure to finish the questions but if you have no clue about a subquestion on one essay, do your best to issue spot, and then if need be, make up and apply a rule.
- Remember, we KNOW this stuff, it is a matter of retrieving it under pressure.
Finally, if we do not pass, will it suck? Yes. A big disappointment? To us, yes. But remember that this test has been failed multiple times by well known jurists, senators, presidents, first lady’s, and so on. Not passing may suck but it certainly is not the end of the line, nor does it reflect your intelligence or how you will perform in whatever attorney role you take on. If you think it does, JFK Junior, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Justice Cardozo, Governor Brown, and quite a few others would beg to differ.
So, walk in and out of the exam with your head held high, have some faith in yourself and remwmber: we can do this.
Earlier this week, we posted about Critical Pass and their website, flashcards, sale and so forth and provided a discount code for their product. Studicata focuses on the UBE/MEE versions of the Bar Exam. Learn more about their materials and study methods on their Homepage and see whether you feel it is the right method for you.
At the bottom of their homepage, you can also download a free PDF of the 120 most tested rules per topic. Alternatively, you can click here and simply select your jurisdiction, allow for the page to redirect, enter your e-mail, and that’s it!
The folks over at Studicata were kind enough to provide us with a discount code that is good for a 20% discount off any purchase. The discount code is UBESTUDYING to reflect our twitter and instagram usernames and reiterate what we should all be doing 😉 Alternatively, the discount code AB1045 can be used to help reimburse a fellow UBE taker for his cost in purchasing the program (and he assures us that he would be happy to review the product for future exam takers)!
Happy studying and feel free to provide feedback on Studicata!