And wait 3 months…
Now that we are in the final few days, some words of wisdom and tips…
- Freaking out over the mbe? Use your last few days to focus on the areas your bar prep company or supplemental materials state are most tested. For example, hearsay, negligence, individual rights/1st amendment rights (they seem roughly equal these days).
- Scared of the mpt’s? Don’t be. You practiced for them, you know your time limits and shortcomings by now, and everything we need is going to be in the library/file.
- Essay topics scaring you? Find the overlaps, look for the big picture and see if it all clicks. For example, on the UBE, look at your strictly MEE topics. Agency and business organizations flow easily, but look at conflict of laws – it is basically civ pro v. 2.0. Conflict of laws can also be mixed in with any number of topics, such as family law. Secured transactions? It’s basically an ugly baby of contracts and property law, depending on the context.
- Still scared of essay topics? Remember the points you can get for issue spotting and analysis, and maximize points whenever possible, such as in hybrid essays. Make sure to finish the questions but if you have no clue about a subquestion on one essay, do your best to issue spot, and then if need be, make up and apply a rule.
- Remember, we KNOW this stuff, it is a matter of retrieving it under pressure.
Finally, if we do not pass, will it suck? Yes. A big disappointment? To us, yes. But remember that this test has been failed multiple times by well known jurists, senators, presidents, first lady’s, and so on. Not passing may suck but it certainly is not the end of the line, nor does it reflect your intelligence or how you will perform in whatever attorney role you take on. If you think it does, JFK Junior, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Justice Cardozo, Governor Brown, and quite a few others would beg to differ.
So, walk in and out of the exam with your head held high, have some faith in yourself and remwmber: we can do this.
I just wanted to make a quick post and Explain some of the inactivity on the website the past few Days.
One of the 2 other contributors to this website recently lost a member of their family and given that we are good friends I had a little bit of the hiccup when it came to review and so on especially because our other contributor Is the cousin of the 1st so they are both dealing with that loss and One of them has actually opted to withdraw from the exam at this point.
While I certainly maintained my diligence and studying any extra time that I had I was doing my best to console them, But I wanted to make sure that I kept you guys in the loop so to speak and also let you know That while the exam is only weeks away I still hope to get any and all promise material to you guys buy this weekend I hope that you were all As rested as we can be at this juncture and Have at-least been able to put the other materials that we have uploaded and/or our discount codes and tips have been helpful!
PS please forgive any and all grammatical mistakes Such as the random words that are capitalized because I got a new phone last night and I don’t know why it’s doing that but it’s extremely irritating to me so I can only imagine that it’s extremely irritating to our view or maybe I have a pet peeve..either way.
hi folks, I just wanted to apoligize that the criminal law diagram has not been uploaded yet, our contributor who made the diagram sent me a copy but with the disclaimer that he had not had the time to proof read it yet and while he had checked it against his handout, had yet to run through the outline to double check for accuracy, which was a practice we had agreed on before our first post. So, keep your eyes open for both contracts and criminal law diagrams tomorrow.
With regard to Critical Pass, just a quick reminder again that our discount referral link has changed and can be found here or, should that link not work for some reason, at this URL: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/ubestudying
Also please note that they are currently now including their app and access thereto for a 1 year period for free, and while you will need to wait for the cards to ship (either free for standard shipping or if you choose a faster method you pay for), you should be granted immediate access to their app at purchase.
That is all from me for the night, I ended at 11 and it is time for bed so I can hit the grind again tomorrow. Good night fellow Bar Preppers!
I do not have time for a lengthy post right now, but our discount code for Critical Pass has changed and the new link/code is Here (should that link not work the simple URL is http://criticalpass.refr.cc/ubestudying)
If either or both our property charts and evidence flow chart have been helpful or useful, please take the time to visit our Twitter @ubestudying to vote in our poll on which mbe topic study aid will be posted next! If you do not like the 4 options, either tweet at me, direct message me, or reach me on instagram or via our contact page! Happy studying!