And wait 3 months…
Now that we are in the final few days, some words of wisdom and tips…
- Freaking out over the mbe? Use your last few days to focus on the areas your bar prep company or supplemental materials state are most tested. For example, hearsay, negligence, individual rights/1st amendment rights (they seem roughly equal these days).
- Scared of the mpt’s? Don’t be. You practiced for them, you know your time limits and shortcomings by now, and everything we need is going to be in the library/file.
- Essay topics scaring you? Find the overlaps, look for the big picture and see if it all clicks. For example, on the UBE, look at your strictly MEE topics. Agency and business organizations flow easily, but look at conflict of laws – it is basically civ pro v. 2.0. Conflict of laws can also be mixed in with any number of topics, such as family law. Secured transactions? It’s basically an ugly baby of contracts and property law, depending on the context.
- Still scared of essay topics? Remember the points you can get for issue spotting and analysis, and maximize points whenever possible, such as in hybrid essays. Make sure to finish the questions but if you have no clue about a subquestion on one essay, do your best to issue spot, and then if need be, make up and apply a rule.
- Remember, we KNOW this stuff, it is a matter of retrieving it under pressure.
Finally, if we do not pass, will it suck? Yes. A big disappointment? To us, yes. But remember that this test has been failed multiple times by well known jurists, senators, presidents, first lady’s, and so on. Not passing may suck but it certainly is not the end of the line, nor does it reflect your intelligence or how you will perform in whatever attorney role you take on. If you think it does, JFK Junior, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Justice Cardozo, Governor Brown, and quite a few others would beg to differ.
So, walk in and out of the exam with your head held high, have some faith in yourself and remwmber: we can do this.
To my dear fellow Bar Examinees and Followers:
I wanted to provide a belated update on my last post. Last week I became quite sick and subsequently fell slightly behind in my personal study schedule, which is why the study aids (the charts and diagrams mentioned in my last post have yet to be uploaded. However, rest assured that I am rapidly catching up and fully intend on getting them to you in the near future! For the time being, please know that some of our other contributors are working on other charts and diagrams. I know one person is doing a criminal law chart that starts with Specific vs. General Intent and Strict liability and flows on from there, and another person is wading through the waters of hearsay and its exceptions. Please accept my apologies and stay tuned! Also, make sure to learn from my mistake and get enough sleep before you get sick! Happy Studying and do not forget to download our property charts if you have not already done so. If you are in stress/panic mode or significantly behind, it may be a good idea to look into our post on Critical Pass Flashcards and/or Studicata if you need to drill and memorize rules.
I created a free forum to hopefully foster more communication on study techniques and resources for the Bar Exam. Until such a time as I can create a page on this website to embed an aspect of my forums page, please use the link below 🙂
You can also view our in-progress forum page Here