And wait 3 months…
I just wanted to make a quick post and Explain some of the inactivity on the website the past few Days.
One of the 2 other contributors to this website recently lost a member of their family and given that we are good friends I had a little bit of the hiccup when it came to review and so on especially because our other contributor Is the cousin of the 1st so they are both dealing with that loss and One of them has actually opted to withdraw from the exam at this point.
While I certainly maintained my diligence and studying any extra time that I had I was doing my best to console them, But I wanted to make sure that I kept you guys in the loop so to speak and also let you know That while the exam is only weeks away I still hope to get any and all promise material to you guys buy this weekend I hope that you were all As rested as we can be at this juncture and Have at-least been able to put the other materials that we have uploaded and/or our discount codes and tips have been helpful!
PS please forgive any and all grammatical mistakes Such as the random words that are capitalized because I got a new phone last night and I don’t know why it’s doing that but it’s extremely irritating to me so I can only imagine that it’s extremely irritating to our view or maybe I have a pet peeve..either way.
hi folks, I just wanted to apoligize that the criminal law diagram has not been uploaded yet, our contributor who made the diagram sent me a copy but with the disclaimer that he had not had the time to proof read it yet and while he had checked it against his handout, had yet to run through the outline to double check for accuracy, which was a practice we had agreed on before our first post. So, keep your eyes open for both contracts and criminal law diagrams tomorrow.
With regard to Critical Pass, just a quick reminder again that our discount referral link has changed and can be found here or, should that link not work for some reason, at this URL: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/ubestudying
Also please note that they are currently now including their app and access thereto for a 1 year period for free, and while you will need to wait for the cards to ship (either free for standard shipping or if you choose a faster method you pay for), you should be granted immediate access to their app at purchase.
That is all from me for the night, I ended at 11 and it is time for bed so I can hit the grind again tomorrow. Good night fellow Bar Preppers!
As we close in on the bar exam, a few things to note:
- Keep track of your time and budget it wisely. If you are taking the UBE and are NOT sure how to allocate your time I suggest locking down the “big 7” MBE topics and the MPT. Why? The MBE is 50% of the score, your MPT’s are 20%, and since the big 7 are fair game for the MEE, assume conservatively (this can be argued, but since there have been recent test sessions with as many as 4 MBE focused or related essays, I will call this a conservative estimate) that 2 of your 6 essays are either entirely MBE topics or that they will be mixed in with hybrid essays, such that they account for a portion of your total score equal to two essays. That would mean that the Big 7 and MPT’s alone can add up to 80% of your total score.
- At this point, trust your gut and your practice essays and MBE question sets to identify what subjects or subtopics need attention (i.e. identify your weak points and study, practice, review, practice, study, practice, then repeat.
- Whatever you do, do not panic. Remember, this exam is only as much of a beast as you make it.
- Use what you know! Cant fit any more mneumonics, acronyms, or songs into your brain? Use what you know best and try analogizing. Have a book or movie series you know by heart? A lot of rules and tests can be put into the context of your choice. Have a memorable law school moment or real life experience that applies? Then use that – whatever works best!
- Do not be afraid to ask for help! If there is a major subtopic you do not understand, reach out to someone, whether it be someone at a bar prep company or a study buddy or people online, whether it is one of us, a friend, a discussion or thread in a forum (top law schools appears to have fairly lively, and multiple, bar prep threads/discussions).
Finally, two minor announcements. Look for more tips in the future on twitter and here. They will be under a new category: “Quick Tips.” Lastly, as the exam draws nearer, expect some motivational or inspirational quotes to keep that head held high! Remember: you deserve this!
Good Afternoon All,
Below I have attached two image versions of the hearsay flowchart I created today; initially a friend was supposed to do it, but he incorporated state law distinctions which made it very lengthy and more complicated than what UBE takers need. As always, feel free to contact me (or a member of our little team here) with questions, comments, concerns, requests, etc., via the Contact Page or via our instagram (ubestudying) or Twitter @UBEstudying.
The reason for the two images is that one seems to show color better than the other, but I also have them in two different sizes. If you are saving and printing, just make sure to select the “fit to page” option 🙂